Monday, November 12, 2012

Pupatello Running For Ontario Liberal Leadership

I can't say I'm surprised that former cabinet minister Sandra Pupatello is running for the Ontario Liberal leadership. What I am surprised at is her saying that she would keep the legislature prorogued until there was a bye-election for her. I assume that at the minimum it is six weeks for a bye-election to occur after it is called, which would be after the Liberal leadership race. I can't see the people of Ontario and the media viewing that as a positive. I also can't see the other leadership candidates leaving that alone.

Gerard Kennedy is supposedly also running, but with the minority situation I think a sitting MP has some advantages. Although a lot more baggage too. At least Kennedy can use the Shaggy "it wasn't me" defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment