Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ten Police Officers on Suspension in Hamilton Currently

With police chief Glenn De Caire at city hall in front of council today, trying to get his increase, @EmmaattheSpec sent the following tweet:

"De Caire says there are 10 officers on suspension in 2011 and 2012. It's a statutory requirement to pay officers while suspended.

Interesting that the chief wants 20 new officers, but up to ten are on suspension. I'm not exactly sure what this statement means. Are there ten on suspension now? Or in the years 2011 and 2012, ten different officers on suspension at one point or another?
I'm trying to track the current suspended cops. Right now I have David Doel, plus two more whose names I don't have handy. Looks like I should be looking for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment